Skin Firming Exercises for a More Youthful You
Exercises don’t only help ensure you stay strong and lean; they can even help you keep your skin looking beautiful as you get older. So, it should come as no surprise that more and more people are using skin firming exercises as part of their daily routine in order to achieve amazing results. Check out the info below to learn more.
Why Try Skin Firming Exercises for Body and Face?
While what you put into your body is the most important step to skin firming exercises the natural way, there are also some target exercises, to tighten the saggy skin. Common saggy areas are belly, neck, and face.
Your face? Yes! Just like you exercise your body to keep your muscles big and strong, and to keep your skin firm, there are ways that you can perform firming exercises for your face as well.
Facial exercises might sounds silly, or even look silly, but that's a small price for a tight, wrinkle-free, firm face and neck. Make sure when you are doing facial exercises you are allowing yourself to relax completely.
A Few Skin Firming Exercises for Your Face That You Can Try Right Away
- For your neck, sit straight and upright, tilt your head back and look at the ceiling, keep your lips tightly closed then relaxed. Place your bottom lip up and over your top lip, and keep for a count of ten and then relax. Repeat this neck firming exercise 10 times.
- Here is an eye exercise to get rid of some of crows feet and bags in the under eye area. Make sure to relax in a seated position, close your eyes. Strengthen and lift both the upper and lower eyelids simultaneously and stretch your eyelids as far as possible without opening your eyes. Hold the pose for 5 seconds, release, and do the same for a total of 5 times.
Skin Firming Exercises for Your Body
Whether you lost a few extra pounds in the gut, had a baby, or just feel your abdomen could be tighter, here is the best way to achieve that. In correlation to a natural skin firming diet, here are the best exercises to tighten that midsection.
- Pelvic thrusts will also help tone up your lower abs and tighten that skin. Lie on your back with your legs up in the air (90 degrees from the floor). While keeping your legs up, slowly lift your pelvis off the floor and upward using your lower abdominal muscles; then lower yourself back down to the floor and repeat, 2 reps of 10.
- Next is the air bike, the air bike is performed lying on your back as well. Place your hands behind your head with your elbows bent and your knees pulled slightly toward you. Using your abs, curl your shoulders up off the floor and pull your right elbow to your left knee until they are touching (or almost touching). Then alternate by pulling your left elbow to you right knee. Continue alternating right to left until you reach 10 on each side.
Exercise, in General, Helps Your Skin
Sure, there are specific firming exercises that you can do for your face and body, but exercise, in general, can also help you maintain glowing, healthy, firm skin.
According to Shape, a few of the benefits that exercise provides for the skin include:
- A reduction in inflammation, which can take its toll on your overall health, including your skin’s health
- An increase in blood flow, which delivers both oxygen and nutrients to the skin, thereby helping it stay beautiful and healthy as you get older
- A release of impurities through sweat, whether you are doing cardio routines or strength training exercises
Don’t Forget the Importance of Diet to Keep Skin Firm
Skin firming exercises the natural way will take some time and patience, but the results will outlast anything from a doctor or out a bottle. Making sure you get the right amount of nutrients in your diet will not only help your skin, but it will help your figure as well. A diet rich in omega-3, vitamins A and C, with plenty of antioxidants will keep wrinkles and disease in general at bay. A healthy diet in combination with skin firming exercises will have you looking and feel young again naturally with no side effects or health risks.